Wednesday, October 04, 2006
SPOTIE , oh my Spotie!!
Big Eye and 4 kittens
I call him Bum Junior after my home cat
Pure white who is deadWohooooo....I am just so happy today!
While walking to LRT this morning, saw Ah Lian auntie and her friend, she's actually my other cat lover neighbour who is much more commited that I am. She will go around the estate to feed like 20 over cats around the estates. She not only feed them, I believe she is in this programme called Trap-Neuter-Return-Manage (TNRM). Bascially, she will be aware of the cats around her neighbourhood, catch those cats that aren't spay yet, catch them to be spayed and then return to the area that the cats live in. So this morning she was catching this mummy cat (I name her Big Eye) and her 3 kittens. She gave birth to 4 kittens 2 weeks ago but a pure white died..sad, he's cute. Ah Lia auntie will be bringing Big Eye in to spay and her 3 kittens, to SPCA, hopefully some cat lovers can adopt them.
So why am I so happy.... U see, my stray cats that I am fed for the past year went missing for about 2 weeks now. I was getting to accept the idea that they (mummy cat and kitten SPOTIE) were captured. As the area that they used to live in will be converted into a coffee shop soon. So real estate pple have been hanging out there, bringing visitors to the area. I thought..oh well, they must have caught them, although they both were spayed. I was upset for a while, missing them too...
So finally, this morning Ah Lian auntie and her friend told me Spotie and mummy have been re-located to a block away and I was thrilled.. Im gonna find them tonite.. So glad, I can't tell you more, Spotie has been my stray since the day he was borned. He was borned together with 3 other siblings, but the others died. I remembered once, it was monsoon seasons, raining heavily almost everyday. During then, mummy cat gave birth to them and they use to live around the construction site, soon, work was completed and the workers' temporary hostal was removed. So without shelter, mummy cat brought her kittens up to a crane and lived there for a few days.
As usual, I went to feed them, seeing that it had just rained and the crane had a pool of water gathered around it. The newly born kittens were on the crane but I dun see mummy cat. I told oh no, where's mummy?? So I went back to my house, made my bro-in-law (who's probably 1.8m tall) come down and step his feet into the muddy water and get himself onto the crane...shhh...in the late nite. So that he can bring kittens food and milk, not forgetting a box with a thick towel for them to cuddle into. I was afraid they'll be cold without mummy to cuddle with and not much shelter.
Soon enough, the crane was moved and they kittens re-locate with mummy, all the others died except my SPOTIE..that was...events from a yr ago..
And today, since I hear of the good news...that Spotie and mummy still around.. Im Ha-Ha-Ha-HapPy....
Labels: oh my Spotie, Spotie
Posted by nanc_crow at 9:19 AM