Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Bangkok STOLE all my MONIES!!Oh no .. I need to strike 4D badly cos I spent all my money shopping shopping in bangkok. Just came back on Monday and today back in office was a torture. I can't focus on wrok, all I have in mind is to go home now! I need my sleep! So did I tell ya that I hate taking photos thus bringing a camera for a trip has never been on my list! However, I did take like 1 picture..haha, just to show ya my pleaded hair that I did the first nite I was there. Day 1: Went Kao San nite marketIts a small nite market, only like 2 streets of stalls, along the road sides and some mini concerts with bands performing, with some cafes and pubs. Rather nice. I sat along the road side, with a hand full of rubberbands and the other, my texas cigi. With bicycle and people walking by me.. seated on a small stool, pleading my hair. Day 2 : Chatuchak market..thats where all my CASH has gone to.Started my day at 10am, we reached the market, with an empy shopping bag. By around 2 pm, we were only 1/3 into the market, the shopping bag was full and heavy, poor Rick had to carry all. and on top of that, 2 other huge bags filled with purchases. Then, we ran out of cash and and even our cash set aside for tomorrow's shopping and airport taxes. haha.. was heading back, then saw ATM!! DANGER!! LOOK OUT.. more more "robberies" made to contribute to BKK's economy!haha. Went to withdraw more cash and went back to shop for more at the market. By 7pm, I was soaked in sweat, covered with dust and dirt, hands filled with shopping bags and ready to go. Thus we made our way back to BTS (Bangkok Train Station) and along the way (15 mins walk) I still continue to shop and bought few more items.. haha. Can't stop it, can't help it, it's an addiction!! Oh no, send me more money please! Finally we reach our stop and guess what? What normal seems like a 15 mins walk to hotel became an hour! We were lost! We asked around, 1 gave opposite side to the right, another to the left! what the fuck? dunno say dunno la, anyhow direct us. makes us more lost. Finally we thought seems like we are getting near, just continue to walk, finally reaching the main road, to my horror, OMG!!!! I saw the hotel Ibis sign! BUT ITS TOO FAR to walk anymore, y feet is giving way from the 10 hrs of shopping and walking with those bags. We had to hail a cab, gees.. its like 3 mins drive to hotel. The meter didn't jump. haha.. home sweet home! After freshening up and we were ready to go for our much needed massage, we step out of the hotel, the taxis along the hotel were waiting for passengers to hop into. This guy apporached us, I show him the address of our recommendation of massage palour by Deb. He replied its a public holiday in BKK today, so our parlour not open today. He then recommend us to this highly recommended parlour, NUMBER 1 in BKK, he says. I then ask him, how cum its PH and ur massage place is open and mine closed?? You have to hear this people! Oh, cos this massage place is friend of the police! Wah...really arh.. I didn't know, who cares and what the fuck? Bloody nonsense!!! We walked away and took another cab to our reccommendations instead. 300 Baht (S$12) later, I got my hour of massage and I was ready to rock an roll people. Wohoo..
Day 3: R & RBy then, I was ready to sleep in and not step into the polluted air any more. haha, so we set off late today, only left the hotel at 2pm. On the way to BTS, we saw.. OMG DUNKIN DONUTS, we had to buy fro my pregnant sister I told Rick. So we ask the shop what time they close, she replied me in very broken english, 4pm! I was like oh no, 2 hrs away, we wont make it back in time to buy. So we bought it and head back to hotel, Hot Hot Hot! after lazing around abit more, due to the hot weather out there. We force ourselves to go to the BKT again! We went to Siam Square to shop, bought myself the "most expensive" bag..really nice. Happy and tired. We head back to our station ( making sure that we make the right exit now) and u know what? The DUNKIN Donuts is till opened and its nearly 9pm now. Shit.. not forgeting I bought another box at Siam Square!!! That silly ger made us walked back to hotel for nothing! But anyway, can't blame them, we just laugh it off!!Day 4: AirportFlight at 11.45am. But we had to be at hotel lobby at 7.30am! Oh no.. I need many many many morning calls please.. got up and 6.30 and begin my day! Got to airport, bloody hell,its only 8.30, we have bloody 3 hrs to go in this airport! Hm... NOT HAPPY with that! Anyways, I slept all the way on flight, not even realising that the plane took off at some point! Man, I was shacked!!!! Big time, still am now! I wanna sleep..
Look at tis Xavier.. happily, proudly posing off with my NEW Sunnies again! He's loves the attentiont hat we gave him. We praised him and applaude to his new sunnies and he simpily LOVES IT!! Say my name, say my name!!!
Labels: Bangkok stole ALL my MONIES
Posted by nanc_crow at 11:59 AM